AIR CONDITIONER

2003 Toyota Corolla

easterbunny

March, 22, 2008 AT 2:19 AM

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 62000 miles

no power going to the compressor. The fan runs and the air conditioner switch lights. Checked freon and it is ok.

A\c Problem

Air Compressor Help

1 IMAGE

easterbunny

March, 22, 2008 AT 2:24 AM

6.0f250

April, 24, 2008 AT 9:22 PM

[/quote: 3bac991fb4]

I have the exact same problem with the wifes car, same year and all. Everything else works ( fan light on button, and all the fuses are fine), except there is no power going to the compressor. I can run a jumper wire from the battery to the compressor and the ac works great but I cannot leave it that way because it will not cycle and I do not want to over pressure the system.

6.0f250

April, 25, 2008 AT 1:23 PM

I figured it out, the problem is the relay under the hood in the fuse/relay box on the driver side fender. The MG/coolant relay is bad. Go to Advanced Auto and they have the relay for $14 it will be under A/C components in their computer, they will have to order it, but it will fix your problem.

Hope that helps you

mikaleliz1

July, 28, 2011 AT 7:34 PM

WOW! Have been dealing with this problem for several months. Not to mention 105 degree temperature. Thank you 6.0f250!

September, 11, 2011 AT 8:29 PM

Just to add, there is a service bulletin, About that relay. It says to only use part# 90987-02028. Relays with other part #, are not to be used for this application. You may have to get that part# from dealership. I'm only repeating what the service bulletin had to say, if you used another relay and it worked great, that is fine with me. Have a good day.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue