CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2003 Suzuki Jimny

gater

February, 9, 2012 AT 7:19 AM

Hi, I own a suzuki jimny 2003 automatic.
i encountered a problem with the check engine as it was turned on while driving the highway.
after connecting the car to the computer the fault was : a turk problem ( thats what was said by the mechanic ).
after replacing the gear oil filter and replacing the gear oil, problem still continues.
the car drives just fine however, I would sleep better if the check engine light will go off.
any suggestion what else should be checked or replaced?

rivermikerat

February, 9, 2012 AT 7:31 AM

Did the mechanic reset the computer? Do you mean the engine oil?

What was the code that was stored?

gater

February, 9, 2012 AT 9:23 AM

Thanks for the quick response.
I meant the gear oil + filter + reseting the computer twice. Keeps coming back ( check engine light ).
Is something wrong with the gear?
( I think the computer showed eror with the turk.)

rivermikerat

February, 9, 2012 AT 10:00 AM

A turk is shorthand for a citizen of the country of turkey. Or a young and aggressive person. It has no automotive meaning I've ever heard in over 30 years of working on cars.

Gear oil is used in manual transmissions and differentials. Neither of which have filters. Your automatic transmission has transmission fluid and a filter.

Not knowing what the actual code(s) that was/were set, all I can tell you is that something is wrong. Since it apparently was occurring before the fluid and filter change, I would most likely rule out a transmission (gearbox-but this is normally a term used to describe manual transmissions) issue.

Wrenchtech

February, 9, 2012 AT 11:05 AM

[quote]A turk is shorthand for a citizen of the country of turkey. Or a young and aggressive person. It has no automotive meaning I've ever heard in over 30 years of working on cars.
[/quote]

LOL. I have to agree

gater

February, 9, 2012 AT 12:06 PM

Sorry for mis information. I am not a mechanic so I dont know the terms right.
However, I checked and the computer eror which says turk convertorfault. And no. I dont mean turk as turkey.

Wrenchtech

February, 9, 2012 AT 12:19 PM

That would be a "torque Converter" fault. That's a transmission issue

February, 9, 2012 AT 1:28 PM

There could be various possible causes for one single component and the exact trouble code would let us know the actual problem.

Code should be P07xx, xx denoting numerals.