I HAVE A 2003 PONTIAC SUNFIRE WITH A 2

2003 Pontiac Sunfire

dragonstud725

January, 20, 2013 AT 9:04 AM

I have a 2003 Pontiac sunfire with a 2.2 ecotec engine with a 4 speed trainsmission.I was driving and the oil light came on. So I stopped and put oil in the engine. I then drove to my uncles around 15 miles away. When I got there I turned the car off for about 30 min. When I left the car started normally. I started o drive up the driveway. Half way up the drive way the car stopped and wouldn't start back. Someone told me the timing chain broke. Do you guys think it hurt the pistons? If indeed the timing chain did break. It would be cheaper to buy to totaled 2003 sunfire. What make and model cars have 2.2 ecotek engines that will work in a 03 sunfire with a 4 speed transmission. Do you guys know of anything other than the timing chain it could be like maybe the fuel pump went out etc.

It would have to be tested. Start with compression test, fuel pressure test and spark test.

The fact the oil came on while driving indicates internal damage right at that point

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Air Filter Replacement