WHY DOES MY GO INTO 'LIMP MODE' WHEN ITS 12 DEGREES OR LESS?

2003 Peugeot 307

Bazabond

October, 5, 2011 AT 2:10 PM

I have a Peugeot 307 Hdi 110 bhp 2003 which is causing me some issues. The car is going into limp mode in the mornings and limits the rev's to 3000rpm for about two or three miles. After this time the car kicks in and all is well for the rest of the day. I have had the car to the garage and they have put it on fault diagnostic which has been indication a problem with the Air Pressure Sensor. I have had three different air pressures fit by the garage but still have the same problem and now seem to have give up on the problem. Is this issue something to do with the outside air temperature sensor maybe as the problem only occurs when the temperature gage is showing 12 degrees or less. Your frustratedly Bazabond.

hmac300

October, 5, 2011 AT 2:29 PM

We dont have any info on these cars. But this sounds like a open loop problem so check for a vacuum leak. A can of choke cleaner sprayed around the intake and gaskest/hoses should find it. It sounds like when the computer takes over when warm the car is being richened up to take care of this problem. Also check for a possible blocked converter. Put a vacuum gauge on teh intake an dif it reads less than 15" it may be