WILL IT PASS ITS MOT TOMORROW?

2003 Peugeot 205

jo vann

December, 2, 2011 AT 7:08 PM

My engine light came on and it had a diognostic done and it showed up saying catalyc wearing, I took my car in last yr and im sure they did the catalyc but the light was turned off and has now come back on with the message. Any ideas?

December, 2, 2011 AT 7:16 PM

I don't think so-there's still a problem with the catalytic converter. What code is it P0420?

jo vann

December, 2, 2011 AT 7:21 PM

No idea what the code was my friends husband is a wizz and he said it stated cat wearing, but last july my front end of the exhaust dropped off and when I took it to the garage for repairs they said they had done the cat, I then a few weeks ago took it bk to the garage and asked what he had done but he was really rude so I walked away, my friends hubby said it may have come on as I dont travel very far and the day it happened I had done a long journey it has been fine for weeks and now this week has come back on, will this affect the emmisions then I assume? And are they expensive to replace? Dont fancy paying the labour but can have it done if I buy the part and ny car is a 206 not 205 as I said by mistake, thank you for emailing me : )

December, 2, 2011 AT 8:02 PM

You can order it online and have someone else install it-make sure he can weld