TRANSMISSION SPEED SENSOR

2003 Oldsmobile Alero

Spector37

October, 5, 2011 AT 12:52 AM

I have a 2003 Oldsmobile Alero 3.4 and it needs a new transmission input speed sensor and I know what the part looks like in the box. Now the problem I have is I have looked all over the top, bottom, front, back and both ends of the transmission and I cant seem to find it I was told it is along the bell housing adjacent to the torque converter but they weren't real clear on where to look. Thanks for any help

Jacobandnickolas

October, 5, 2011 AT 12:57 AM

It is on the transaxle near the valve body. See attached picture and let me know if it helps.

Spector37

October, 5, 2011 AT 1:29 AM

That helps if I am reading it right its above the left side axle right. Now is it possible to replace it without taking out the transmission?

Jacobandnickolas

October, 5, 2011 AT 2:21 AM

That is correct. I hope it takes care of your problem. Let us know.

Spector37

October, 5, 2011 AT 2:12 PM

I appreciate all the help so far but I looked today and went by the diagram you sent and I looked and I cant find anything above the axle the only wires I see hooked to anything are on the top where the shiftier link is I don't know if this will help or not but the Vin#is 1G3NL52E43C290684 there is a picture of the wires and all I was talking about

Jacobandnickolas

October, 8, 2011 AT 5:46 PM

The only schematic I have shows something different.

Spector37

October, 8, 2011 AT 5:48 PM

Thanks for the help the reason I cant find it is because it is on the inside of transmission case

Jacobandnickolas

October, 8, 2011 AT 5:50 PM

That would make things a little more difficult.

Spector37

October, 8, 2011 AT 5:52 PM

Yes it does I can fix just about anything else but I dont know the first thing about a transmission

Jacobandnickolas

October, 8, 2011 AT 6:07 PM

I feel they do this so it requires a dealer to repair.