MY CAR MAKES A HISSING SOUND WHEN I PRESS THE GAS

2003 Nissan Altima

marie_0203

December, 2, 2011 AT 1:30 AM

When I press the gas it makes a hissing sound like a fluttering almost only when I hit the gas

Jacobandnickolas

December, 2, 2011 AT 3:31 AM

It sounds like a vacuum leak. Can you tell where the noise is coming from?

marie_0203

December, 2, 2011 AT 10:24 PM

Its seems like its coming from the actual gas pedal

Jacobandnickolas

December, 3, 2011 AT 5:58 AM

That is odd. Check under the dash for vacuum hoses that may be disconnected.

RollinAlti

March, 17, 2012 AT 8:15 AM

Jesus Christ I thought I was the only one in the world with this problem! I can't for the life of me find a solution to this problem. For me, I have to floor it to get this noise; about 4200 RPMs and up. It sounds like a massive air leak or something. Kind of like a loud, "ssshhhhhh" with an increase in pitch as the RPMs climb. Also, if you take off that fast and purposely ease off the gas pedal before it redlines, the gear shift sounds like a vacuum getting instantly plugged. What can this be? Is it exhaust related? Or transmission related?

ausman79

April, 19, 2012 AT 6:12 AM

I just had something similar today. I have had the code P0420 for a month or so now but have been ignoring it. But on my way from work today, I didn't have much power. Slow pick up. Deeper sound from the engine. Then I also started hearing the hissing sound. I think it's a bad pre-cat. Will be calling the dealer to pick up a replacement tomorrow. Will update with results.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz