HAS TWO SPARK PLUG WIRES

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

lividmike

February, 1, 2012 AT 12:58 AM

My 2003 Mitsubishi lancer es - What looks like two ignition coils. When I give it a tune up. Do I need to also change out the ignition coils? Tune up for my lancer. It has two spark plug wires and what appears to be two ignition coils.

rivermikerat

February, 1, 2012 AT 1:21 AM

Your Lancer should have 4 spark plug wires. It's a 4 cylinder.
Also, it seems that a large portion of your question was cut off.

lividmike

February, 1, 2012 AT 1:36 AM

The lancer is a four cylinder this I know. But when you look under the hood there is actually only two sparke plug wires. The other two spark plug boots are coming from ignition coil boxes of some sort, no wires. Also when you buy spark plug wires for a 2003 mitsubishi lancer you only get two of them cause that is all they have. Maybe they are not ignition coil boxes, but they are not wires. I just need to know if I should also change these out as well.

rivermikerat

February, 1, 2012 AT 3:00 AM

It appears you have a dual coil on plug/coil pack system. The only reason you should replace either of these is that they have failed.

Your tune-up should consists of an air filter, a fuel filter, and plugs. And to clean the MAF/MAP and possibly the IAC.

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8