2003 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE GETTING CODES P0351 P0353

• Wheelys914
  • 2003 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

Car stalls. Starts but give it gas and it stalls immediately and check engine light comes on. Also hear a popping sound near intake. Seems like good pressure on fuel rail. Codes P0351 and P0353 are coming up. I've replaced all spark plugs, coil, crank sensor, cam sensor, and throttle position sensor. I am out of ideas and out of money. Please help. I'm desperate.

Monday, July 8th, 2013 AT 1:09 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Cylinders 1 and 3 are the problem. Check them to make sure they are getting good spark to the plugs. If they are, check compression. The popping you hear from the intake has me a bit concerned. If all checks out, focus on the fuel injectors for those cylinders. Make sure they are getting power and putting fuel into the system. They could simply be plugged.

-1
Monday, July 8th, 2013 AT 9:26 PM
  • Big D 62

So. I had codes P0340 - P1391 and P0320. Changed Crank position sensor and Cam position sensor. The only problem I had before this was sometimes my 2002 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 wouldn't start. NOW after changing both sensors it ran great for about 45 minutes. Shut it down and came out about an hour later and started right up. After about 2 minutes it started running rough. Check engine light is on and will stall out when trying to accelerate. Hmmmmmmm. NOW I get codes P0351-P0352-P0353 and P1391. Keep in mind that I had no problems with the running condition before this except the on and off starting problem, Any Ideas? My wife is getting frustrated with me.

-3
Sunday, August 21st, 2016 AT 6:49 PM

Other P0353 Questions