OBDII CODES

2003 Hummer H2

ltrain

I have a 03' Hummer H2 w/OBDII trouble codes P0101, P0135, P0332 What needs to be replaced or repaired? Want to do it myself

factoryjack

February, 1, 2011 AT 4:12 AM

Out of the three, there is no direct relation. I would clear them and see which one returns. Is the check engine light on now, or is this just result of a code reading?

ltrain

February, 1, 2011 AT 11:10 PM

Check engine light is on & borrowed a code reader to reveal codes

factoryjack

February, 2, 2011 AT 3:54 AM

Does the code reader show which is current and which is history? You have three possibilities, and the codes are not related. The P0101 deals with faults relating to mass airflow sensor, and/or circuits. If you could read data, you could tell if it is functioning, or maybe intermittent. It could have also been induced. One thing to consider, does it have an aftermarket cold air intake where the filter may have been oiled. This can coat the hot wires of the sensor and cause all sorts of symptoms.
The P0135 is for the bank 1 O2 sensor in the manifold(sensor 1), and more specifically it's heater circuit. Often times it is the sensor. Bank 1 is the bank of cylinders that has cylinder #1, or visibly when looked across the front of the engine, the cylinder head that is most forward. I believe on your 6.0 it is the left(driver) side.
The P0332 is a knock sensor fault. Most often it is a result of water that has once been in the knock sensor wells, and has corroded the connections. The knock sensors are under the intake, in the center of the engine. Usually what is needed are two sensors, the wiring harness from the sensors to the connector that is near the fuel line connection, clipped to the intake. Since you are removing the intake, some intake gaskets are also recommended.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet