2003 slow acceleration

2002CRV
  • 2003 HONDA CRV
I have a 2003 Honda CRV EX automatic transmission and am having a problem with a slow acceleration only when the AC is on. Also I've noticed a moderate pining noise from the engine after the CRV reaches 10mph and faster. Could this be a problem with the fuel injectors? Anyone assistance is appreciated.
Thank you
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011 AT 2:30 AM

KHLOW2008
Have the computer scanned for trouble codes first.
Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 AT 10:29 AM
2002CRV
I had the computer scanned and there were no errors. However I took out the spark plugs and I noticed one had oil on it where the element is. I know that the PCV valve was bad so I replaced it. Is there more I should do?
I've had a 2002 and a 2003 crv and my luck is the same. They both have the same engine problem. Same cylinder.

Thank you for all the help.
Monday, November 28th, 2011 AT 2:14 AM
KHLOW2008
Which cylinder has the problem?
Do you mean the oil is on the ceramic part of the spark plug?
Was anything done prior to thia occurring?
Is the engine oil level correct?
Monday, November 28th, 2011 AT 12:21 PM
2002CRV
Its cylinder # 3. Yes it the ceramic and the metal part at the bottom of the plug. Nothing was done to the vehicle. I bought this CRV about 6 months ago from a local Honda dealership. I change the oil on my car so I always fill it to the recommend markings. If I drive the car for 3000 miles the oil drops right under the lowest marker.

Thank you for your help.
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 4:29 AM
KHLOW2008
Oil is getting into the spark plug tube and it is via a bad valve cover gasket. Replacing the gaskets should solve the peoblem.

When there is excessive oil around the spark plug, it can result in misfigin and poor performance. Have th oil leak repaired and retest.

The oil consumption is more likely to be due to worn valve seals or other areas of leakage. The VTEC valve gasket is one of the more common cause of oil leakages.
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 4:55 PM
2002CRV
Thank you for a quick response. I will buy the kit from Honda and replace the valve cover seal and also the plugs seals. I will keep you posted.

Thank you again for all your help.
Best regards
Tony.
+1
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 6:29 PM