2003 Honda Accord ABS Loked out

MARKSMTP
  • 2003 HONDA ACCORD
I have a 2003 Honda Accord LX (4 cylinder) and I left it for 2 months going overseas. When I came back, I tired to drive it but I couldn't move it out of the drive way because the right rear tire ABS locked and ABS light came on. I drove it 100 feet with no right rear tire turning before I realize this. Can I disable the ABS from the fuse box and drive it. I assumed it was the right rear ABS Speed Sensor and I tried to look at it but could not find it. I found the part behind the wheel but the other end which is supposedly be somewhere in the trunk. I don't have the error code reader but I like to fix it myself if it costs an arm and a leg in car dealers. Thanks for any advice and answers.
Thursday, July 31st, 2014 AT 7:59 AM

Any garage with a scanner can fix this they have to read it anyhow. It may be a frozen caliper but also an abs problem. Pull the fuse if you like the abs won't work you'll still have brakes.
Thursday, July 31st, 2014 AT 9:35 AM
MARKSMTP
Thanks. Any advice how to do it if it is the ABS rear wheel speed sensor. Particularly, I am looking for the location of the sensor (Not behind the wheel - I already know that but the connection somewhere in the trunk).
Thursday, July 31st, 2014 AT 10:21 AM
This pic is theonly one I can find of rear sensor. It is probably behind a panel on side if you have on or carpeting. You will still need a pro to erase the code however as you won't be able to. Autoparts scanners can't do that.
Thursday, July 31st, 2014 AT 12:05 PM
MARKSMTP
Thanks for the info. I am stuck. I can not move the car. I tried to disable the ABS but no help. The car does not move. The tire not turning. Can some one please let me know how to disable ABS completely until I take the car to dealer.I took off fuse # 20 and 30 according to the panel info (It said ABS and ABS Motor). I also plug off the sensors (I think it is sensors) by the passenger side wall but no help. The car does not want to move. The last time mechanic tiden the parking break. Could that be the problem. Please help, at least until I can take the car to mechanic.
Thursday, July 31st, 2014 AT 4:35 PM
Abs wouldn't do what you think it is it is either a frozen caliper or parking brake problem. Do you have drum or disc brakes ont eh back it makes a difference. You can try opening the bleeder to move the car but if it's a frozen caliper then have it towed so you don't reapply them. If it's praking brakes we have to know if it's drum or disc because they aredifferent.
Friday, August 1st, 2014 AT 6:41 AM
MARKSMTP
You were right. I don't know what caused it but it was locked. Some people said leaving the parking breaks on did caused it. In any case, I called a tow truck and the guy sprayed something to loosen the break and it did not work at the time. After taking it to car shop it worked and the right rear tire was released but the tire became like Fred Flinston's tire with flattened in 2 sides. I had to go to junk yard and bought a used tire and had it put in. Lessons learned is don't put the parking break on for a couple of months or have some one drive the car once in a while. Thanks for all the help though.
Monday, August 4th, 2014 AT 8:36 AM