Security reset

LELANDBUHRLE
  • 2003 GMC YUKON
I have a 2003 GMC Yukon XL 5.3 vortec. The anti theft deterrent light is on on the dash board it stays on solid does not blink and the Yukon will not start or turn over. Is there a way to reset this device so my Yukon will start. Have been trying everything This problem just happened after I had the transmission rebuilt and put back in went to start and that's when the theft deterrent light stayed on.

I did try a sequence where u turn key on for 10 minutes but still no response. I was all told by someone I would have to replace the ignition lock cylinder and have the key programmed by a dealer is this a possible fix.
Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 10:41 PM

FIXITMR
This should work to reset the security system.

30 Minute Learn Procedure

Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON; the vehicle will not start. Observe the SECURITY telltale; after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.

Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes; the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

I have had good luck with disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and then reconnecting it, unlock the drivers door with the key or use the remote and it should be reset.

Check out this link

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

Let us know how it goes

Cheers
+1
Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 11:24 PM
LELANDBUHRLE
The Yukon worked fine before trans repair I physically drove the Yukon into the shop. I did try a similar sequence where you turn ignition on for 10 min 30 sec for a period of 3 times equaling 30 mins. Any other ideas friends thanks for all the help.
Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 AT 11:40 PM
ASEMASTER6371
You need to repeat the process that was explained to you. It works but you need to do the steps exactly.

+3
Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 AT 12:31 AM
LELANDBUHRLE
Thank u for all the help friends I tried the sequence and it worked thanks again. I love this site.
+2
Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 AT 12:54 AM