WEAK WASHER STREAM

2003 Ford Taurus

Bushdg

October, 9, 2011 AT 4:10 AM

When I push the button, the fluid sprays but only reaches the bottom of the windshield on both sprayers. I have replaced the pump and blew out the lines. I also replaced part of the line that was leaking due to heat. The wipers do not catch the fluid to spread it on the windshield, it squirts to low. It does not seem to be a strong stream.

promechanic

October, 9, 2011 AT 4:16 AM

The first thing you need to check is that the pump is pumping enough fluid. Since you just replaced it it should be fine, but I would check to be sure. A good way to do this is to disconnect the hoses that go to the spray nozzles on the hood, then press the button to spray and see how will it comes out. If it is slow then you have a problem either in the lines or the motor.
If is sprays good then you have a problem somewhere in the nozzles themselves.

October, 9, 2011 AT 4:17 AM

The pump could be weak though its new also could be a voltage drop problem to the pump-check it

October, 9, 2011 AT 5:09 AM

Check the nozzle for clogging. Quite often they are clogged by car wax.

Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro