HOW CONCERNED SHOULD I BE IF THE 2003 TAURUS HAS...

2003 Ford Taurus

Anonymous

December, 4, 2012 AT 9:11 PM

How concerned should I be if the 2003 Taurus has sat in a garage for a couple of months and when it was recently moved out we found a small amount of oil and a seperate small amount of antifreeze had dripped onto the floor. This car has been in a garage for a couple months because the owner recently passes away and the car is not being driven. Any suggestions on what could be leaking to cause this small amount to show up on the garage floor?

Thank you for your time.

robertdebeaux

The location of the puddle on the floor can give you a tremendous hint when trouble shooting.
With respect to the car's position on the garage when parked, what was right over the puddle? The radiator, the water pump housing? The coolant reservoir tank?

If the car was moved, let it again sit until a puddle developes and locate the component right above it.

The leak will not be on top, because if the car was not driven, the water would have settled on the bottom.

Good luck.

Replace Floor Board
Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX
Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement