MY IDLE IS COMING UP AFTER SITTING IN PARK, ENGINES WARM OR IN PARK AND PRESSING THE ACCELLERATER

2003 Ford Ranger

lbm65

August, 30, 2012 AT 4:14 AM

I have a 2003 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6 Auto trans `136,000 miles After engine warms up Put into Park AC is running Idle will sometimes strat to climb from around 900 RPM as high as 1500 or 2000. Sometimes the idle will stay down until I press the accellorater and then wont come back down right away. I disconnected the battery for 15 mins to reset the computer but it still does it sometimes always after Ive ran it for awhile. I havent checked the IAC yet. The Check engine lights been on for awhile but I thought that may be just emissions check reminder. The light did go out for a bit after I reset the computer but came back on. Please help Thanks Matt

Anonymous

August, 30, 2012 AT 4:38 AM

Try cleaning out the idle air control valve and have the computer scanned for codes, something in the engine management system is causing the CEL to turn on.

August, 30, 2012 AT 10:01 AM

Get the code and get back to us.
The iac motor is most likely the issue and will have to be replaced.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars