...MY FATHERS 2003 DODGE CARAVAN HAS BEEN ACTING...

2003 Dodge Caravan

outinthewoodsnf

February, 5, 2013 AT 1:02 AM

Hi. My fathers 2003 Dodge caravan has been acting up electrically lately and I cant seem to isolate the problem. Everything works fine. Radio, Blower, Wipers, Windows etc. While the engine is off. U start the engine, the accessories will turn off while the ignition is on start as they should but when the engine starts, they will only come on for 1 second then turn off. They will not work with the engine running. I have tried another fuse box, another Body control Module, cleaned the ground in the passengers side door post, no change. The only way to get this stuff to work is to run a ground wire to each affected relay in the fuse box. If someone could please suggest something else to try, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Barry

February, 5, 2013 AT 1:32 AM

Did you have the bcm flashed?

outinthewoodsnf

February, 5, 2013 AT 11:19 AM

I used the code reader I have on it and nothing showed up. Is there a seperate test for the BCM. I did try another BCM and it made no difference.

outinthewoodsnf

February, 12, 2013 AT 1:18 AM

Theres a yellow wire that goes from the IPM, [computer] to the fuse box. Cutting that wire will allow the accessories to work with the engine running. I wonder if the IPM is faulty?

outinthewoodsnf

February, 12, 2013 AT 1:21 AM

Sorry. The IPM is the fuse box. I mean the computer box in front of the battery

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace