DRIVER'S SIDE WINDOW FAILURE

2003 Chrysler Town and Country

imnotmyself

July, 20, 2012 AT 8:02 PM

Could the ambient temperature sensor and the driver's side window failure be connected somehow and how can I fix this? I have replaced the master switch for the driver's side window and had the ambient temperature sensor re-plugged in a few months ago. Now, the temperature sensor is stuck at -40, so the AC doesn't work and today, my driver's side window is failing to roll up. The sensor appears to be in good condition and plugged in.

imnotmyself

July, 20, 2012 AT 8:07 PM

By master switch, I apparently meant regulator. I don't know a lot about the mechanics of the power window.

saturntech9

July, 20, 2012 AT 8:35 PM

The ambient temp sensor has no window control. So you just have a problem with the drivers window?Also you just replaced the window regulator with motor to correct this problem but still doesnt work?

imnotmyself

July, 21, 2012 AT 10:05 PM

I know that the sensor has no window control. However, the vehicle has both. The overhead outside temperature reading is stuck at -40, so the computer thinks it is cold outside and the air conditioner won't work. Also, my power window doesn't work. I got it repaired a couple of months ago and it worked great. Yesterday, I rolled it down (since it's hot and the AC doesn't work) and when I tried to roll it up, nothing happened. I was wondering if these two things could be somehow related since they happened within a day or two of each other and if there were repair ideas I haven't thought of. So far, I'm thinking I am going to need to replace the sensor and the door switch. Thanks.

saturntech9

July, 22, 2012 AT 12:10 AM

Doesnt sound related I dont know how they could be. Try this work the window switch with your ear on the door panel. See if you can hear the window motor click when operating the switch.

imnotmyself

July, 22, 2012 AT 3:18 AM

Okay. Thanks. I thought it would be a long shot to have the two connected, but never hurts to ask. I can't hear any thing other than the clicking of the switch when I try it. I did notice that it clicks twice in the middle, whereas the other switch clicks only once.

saturntech9

July, 23, 2012 AT 8:57 PM

Your going to have to trace the power to see if its wiring switch or the motor itself. Could just be a bad window motor not uncommon.

imnotmyself

July, 25, 2012 AT 3:24 AM

Okay. Thank you!

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation