I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY 4WD IN PROCESS OF ...

2003 Chevrolet Suburban

Jemmons

January, 5, 2013 AT 2:42 AM

I have had problems with my 4wd, in process of changing the encoder motor noticed fluid inside the encoder motor. I am thinking I need to replace the bearing/seal on the transfer case, however I am unsure of the part number(s) I should be ordering. I know that I have the 246 autotrac transfer case, however I am not sure if this is different from the NV246. I also notice there is red fluid in my transfer case when I thought there was supposed to be blue fluid since it is the autotrac. What GM part numbers do I need to order for the bearing and seal and should this transfer case have the blue fluid instead of red?

January, 5, 2013 AT 2:52 AM

Auto-Trak II Fluid GM P/N 12378508 fluid for the transfer case.

246 and nv246 are the same transfer case.

Jemmons

January, 5, 2013 AT 3:03 AM

Thank you, but I am still confused on which part number I need to order for the transfer case bearing and seal, I have a part number for the NV246 but I don't know if it is for mine since mine is the Autotrac.

January, 5, 2013 AT 3:11 AM

There are no parts numbers in my descriptions for the seal. You will need to call the dealer, give him your vin and he will give the part numbers and availability

Transfer Case Rear Seal Replacement Guide
Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz