P0300 OBD11 CODE

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier

twgagen

April, 3, 2012 AT 2:23 AM

2003 cavalier with a 2.2 ecotec engine, misses at idle and under acceleration, smooth at higher rpm, changed out ICM and wires and plugs, started suddenly. P0300 OBD code.

cleaned idle air control valve. Fuel pump replaced about 20,000 miles ago.

P0300

How To Fix Dtc P0101&p0300

saturntech9

April, 3, 2012 AT 2:35 AM

I suspect a coil before the module or the wires how are spark plugs?

twgagen

April, 4, 2012 AT 7:59 PM

I had changed the ICM and all the plugs, the wires ohmed out fine and were in good shape, sprayed carb cleaner around all the vacuum hoses and the intake manifold, pulled and cleaned idle air solenoid and MAP sensor. Cleared out the codes and ended up taking the car out and driving it for a while, then got 2 cylinder 2 miss fire codes. Pulled all plugs and did a compression check, 160-170 all cylinders, good fuel pressure at 58 PSI,

Pulled coil pack off but kept the ICM mounted to it and plugged in and laid it by the metal valve cover with the tips of the coils about 1/4" from the valve cover and had son crank the motor, found good spark out of 1, 3 and 4 but only a weak spark that was not consistent out of #2, replaced coil pack (one piece over the valve cover with two built in coils for those reading this that dont know that) which is after the ICM and she purrs like a kitten at idle and gets up and roars when stepped on, and I have a few less hairs on my head now.

saturntech9

April, 4, 2012 AT 8:15 PM

Had a feeling it was a bad coil glad you got it fixed thats what were here for.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz