Oxygen sensor replacement

VROOM
  • 2003 CADILLAC DEVILLE
Where is oxygen sensor 1 bank 2 located I need to replace it
Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 AT 6:25 PM

KEN

Here is a guide and the locations of each of the oxygen sensors so you can get the job done.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-an-oxygen-sensor

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
Tuesday, February 13th, 2018 AT 1:18 PM
FACTORYJACK
The bank 1 sensor is accessed from the top of the engine reaching over the rear, it requires a long extension and a 7/8" crowfoot or sensor socket. The bank 2 in front, is accessed from below after the lower shield is removed. The front of the frame may be lowered a bit for more access.
+3
Tuesday, February 13th, 2018 AT 1:19 PM (Merged)
SIKWITIT765
  • 2001 CADILLAC DEVILLE
Computer problem
2001 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 85890 miles

how do u remove the oxygen sensor before catylytic convertor on a 2001 cadillac deville. It wont budge off for nothing
FACTORYJACK
Spray it with some penetrant, and try it when it is warm. If it has been overtightened, the threads may have stretched. You may need a thread chaser(14mm spark plug tap) to clean the threads after removal.
+1
ALIMO
  • 2001 CADILLAC DEVILLE
2001 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 82000 miles

I pulled code p135 on my scanner and the result is sensor 1 bank 1, this is the Co2 sensor at the back of the engine. ( Northstar V8 )
Can I not get the sensor out ! The thing is laughing at my attempts, has anyone found a trick to removing the faulty part ( and yes I did have the engine hot and burned my hands too ! )

Many thanks

Alan
FACTORYJACK
If you have tried it hot, and cold, and it still won't loosen, there is not much choice but to remove the manifold. What tools are you using? It is a 7/8" hex, and a crowfoot, or sensor socket is advised. If you are not slipping around it, and you are committed to get it out, then give it all you got. I have even adapted up to 1/2" drive to break them loose. If it pulls some threads, you can use a standard spark plug thread chaser to clean the hole up.
ALIMO
Yep, I'm using a sensor socket, guess I'll have to get angry and turn green to get it out !