HEADLIGHT ISSUE

2003 Cadillac CTS

Godson38

December, 16, 2010 AT 2:48 AM

My driver side headlight has been going out while im driving, but when I cut the car off and start it again the light will be on. I have HID lights w/autoleveling and the washer assembly.I have no warning lights on. My pass side headlight works just fine. What is the problem with my driver side headlight?

factoryjack

February, 10, 2011 AT 4:40 AM

The system itself is not real definitive in the diagnostics. In most cases it states replace the arc tube(bulb/igniter), and if the problem is still present replace the ballast. This can be expensive, if it is not the arc tube. The best way I can suggest to isolate it, is switch the arc tubes from right to left and vice-versa. If the problem occurs on the opposite side, replace the arc tube. If it is still a driver side issue, replace the left side ballast. This is a bit more labor intensive. You are going to need to loosen the fascia to access one, you might as well remove the fascia to access both, and be correct in the diagnosis.

Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon