I need to replace the passenger side mirror. I have the mirror but can't figure out how to remove the old one. Do I have to take off the interior door panel? How do I do that?
have the same problem?
Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 8:47 PM
Trim Panel Replacement - Side Front Door (Rendezvous)
J 38778 Door Trim Pad and Garnish Clip Remover
1. Open the door.
2. Disconnect the power window switch assembly.
3. Remove the screws from the front door trim panel
4. Use the J 38778 to remove the trim panel.
1. Reposition the electrical harness connectors.
2. Remove the trim panel from the vehicle.
Important: Before installing the front door trim panel, discard the old trim panel retainers and replace with NEW trim panel retainers.
1. Install the new retainers to the front door trim panel.
2. Route the electrical connectors through the trim panel.
3. Align the trim panel to the door inner panel, guiding the door handle through the trim panel.
4. Install the upper edge of the trim panel to the top edge of the inner door panel, pressing down firmly until the trim panel is fully seated.
5. Install the trim panel by firmly pressing the retainer clips until the clips are fully seated around the perimeter of the trim panel.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.
6. Install the screws to the front door trim panel.