MY 2002 C70 CONVERTIBLE RIGHT REAR WINDOW WILL ...

2002 Volvo C70

Anonymous

My 2002 c70 convertible right rear window will only lower with the "all up/down"button on the driver's door. The individual switches in the back seat and on the driver's door to that window will raise but not lower right rear window. Is there a relay or control module and should I be concerned that it will fail and leave the window stuck?

Attached is the wiring diagram.

There is a control module in the master switch from the looks of it.

I yhink the issue is there but cant be sure being as you are there and I am not to test and confirm.

Steve Cato

January, 5, 2013 AT 1:40 AM

Thanks for the reply,
So you would think that if I replaced the master switch on the driver's door it would fix the problem?
Is the fact that it is a convertible make it possible that the module is somewhere else, as it has to somehow interact with the switch that retracts the top?

January, 5, 2013 AT 1:48 AM

You may be right but I am going on your symtoms and your info with the wiring diagram.

I wish I could be more positive but without me touching it, I cannot be certain. Just a educated guess on my expierence

Steve Cato

January, 5, 2013 AT 2:25 AM

Thanks again Roy,
Is there any easy way to test the switch? Does it require any special equipment?

January, 5, 2013 AT 2:37 AM

A scan tool can scan the bcm to monitor the actions of the windows looking for the up and down commands/

Steve Cato

Since I don't have a scan tool and don't think I know what the bcm is it looks like someone else is going to have to check it. I appreciate your help Roy.

Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy