IV GOT A TOYOTA YARIS 2002 AND NEED THE KEY TO BE PROGRAMMED.

• qwe
  • 2002 Toyota Yaris

Checked key battery and fuses all fine. Just need the program steps please?

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 AT 12:24 PM

• fixitmr

You remote unlock FOB or ignition key?

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 AT 2:19 PM
  • qwe

The key, the buttons on the master key needs to be programmed to the car.

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 AT 2:45 PM
  • qwe

Fixitmr:- the remote unlock FOB

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 AT 2:50 PM
  • qwe

PLEASE ANYONE!

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 AT 3:29 PM
  • fixitmr

Try this

Begin With;
- Driver's door open and unlocked
- Key out of ignition
1. Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch 2 times within 5 seconds

NOTE: Steps 2 and 3 should be performed within 40 seconds

2. Close and open the driver's door TWICE.

3. Insert the key into the ignition and remove it.

NOTE: Steps 4-6 should be performed within 40 seconds

4. Close and open the driver's door TWICE

5. Insert the key into the ingnition

6. Close the door

7. Turn the ignition switch from "LOCK" to "ON" and back to "LOCK" at about 1 second intervals to select the desired mode from the list below:
- 1 time for ADD mode
- 2 times for REWRITE mode
- 3 times for CONFIRMATION mode
- 5 times for PROHIBITION mode

8. Remove the key from the ignition

9. To confirm your mode selection, the power locks will now cycle "lock" to "unlock" a number of times corresponding to your key cycles in step 7.

NOTE: If CONFIRMATION or PROHIBITION modes have been selected, opening the door will complete the procedure.

10. For ADD or REWRITE modes, do the following within 40 seconds of Door Lock confirmation;
A - Press both transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simulataneously between 1 and 1.5 seconds and release. (I had to do this a few times because I held the buttons down longer than the 1-1.5 seconds)
B - Within 3 seconds of step A, press the transmitter LOCK button from more than 1 second and release.
> If the transmitter has been successfully programmed, the power locks will cycle "lock" to "unlock" once at this time.
> If there are problems with the transmitter or the procedure up to this point, the locks will cycle twice. If this occurs, verify that you have received the correct transmitter, and then repeat the above procedure.
C - If multiple remotes are to be reprgrammed, repeat steps A and B

11. Open to driver's door to conclude programming mode

12. If you make an error during the programming mode, turn the ignition key to "ON" and back to "LOCK" to erase entered steps.

Good luck and ping me if you have any questions or issues. This procedure works for all 2007 and 2008 FJs as well as the following;

2000 - 2005 Celica
2001 - 2003 Prius
2001 - 2005 ECHO
2001 - 2007 Highlander
2001 - 2008 RAV4
2002 - 2006 Camry
2003 - 2008 Avalon, Corolla and Matrix
2004 - 2008 Sienna and Solara
2005 - 2008 Tacoma
2007 - 2008 FJ Cruiser and Yaris

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 AT 5:17 PM
  • qwe

I just tried those steps but nothing happend. Btw my toyota yaris is 2002. Thanks for the response though

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 AT 5:50 PM
  • fixitmr

Here's aother.

1

Put the car key into the ignition and remove it twice. Do not turn the key once it is inserted. Complete this step within five seconds.
2

Close the driver-side car door and reopen it twice. Put the key back into the ignition and remove it. This step must be completed within 40 seconds.

3

Close the driver-side door and open it again two more times. Put the key back into the ignition. Close the driver-side door once more, turn the key to "On, " then back to "Off" and remove it. Complete this step within 40 seconds. After three seconds, you should hear the doors lock and unlock automatically. This means that programming mode has been accessed correctly. If you do not hear the doors lock and unlock, repeat Steps 1 through 3.
4

Hold down both the "Lock" and "Unlock" buttons for a second and a half, then release them at the same time.
5

Hold down the "Lock" button immediately on the remote for two seconds. You will hear the doors lock and unlock once again, indicating that programming was accomplished. If you do not hear the door locks, repeat Steps 4 and 5, for the signal was not accepted during programming. Steps 4 and 5 will both need to be completed within 40 seconds.
6

Open the driver-side door to finish the programming procedure. Each remote that you programmed will now be ready to control the 2003 Avalon's keyless entry feature.

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 AT 6:31 PM
  • qwe

That didnt work either.

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 AT 7:08 PM
  • fixitmr

Did you buy the car this way?

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 AT 9:10 PM
  • qwe

Yes I believe so and for some reason the car had a alarm but the actual alarm was removed which I didnt know till later. By that I mean all the alarm fittings are there but under the panel the alarm had been removed.

Friday, May 4th, 2012 AT 7:55 PM