MISFIRE

2002 Saturn SL1

brad wheelwright

January, 23, 2011 AT 2:14 AM

On the saturn the wires and plugs are brand new my repair shop thinks the coils are good because it has alot of spark when checked with a spark tester could the coil pack still be bad

Engine Miss

saturntech9

January, 23, 2011 AT 5:17 AM

So does it only miss at idle and smooth out at higher rpm's?Also any code's?Any certain cylinder missing?The more detail's the better remember I can't see or touch anything.

brad wheelwright

The intake manafoild gasket is bad have a vaccum leak went back to back to basic troubleshooting checked for a vac leak and found it at cyl #1 thanks for your help

saturntech9

I figured that that's why I asked the question's I did it's really common for 2000-2002 saturn S model single overhead cam intake gasket's to leak at the number 1 intake port. Let me know if you need instructions on how to replace the gasket.

brad wheelwright

January, 25, 2011 AT 3:17 AM

Is there any brand of gasket that is better than the rest? Still think my plug wires a backwards looking at the coil pacs left to right is it 4 1 3 2 or is it 4 1 2 3? Repair shop changes 2 and 3 around seems to race alittle bit thanks for all ur help it really helps

saturntech9

I posted a diagram of the wire's on the coil's and the cylinder's number's that should help you sort out if the wire's are correct. As far as the gasket goes I would go with the felpro one.I think when the engine's were built at the factory someone was wrinkling up the gasket's upon assembly because everyone I have seen that was leaking you could see it wrinkled up before taking it apart to replace the gasket.