I HAVE A 2002 SATURN SL1 THAT STOPPED RUNNING ...

2002 Saturn SL1

williewonka

August, 13, 2011 AT 9:57 PM

I have a 2002 saturn sl1 that stopped running while driving. I have replaced the fuel filter, pcm, checked fuel pressure and cannot figure out the problem. It will run on ether. Please help!

Wrenchtech

August, 13, 2011 AT 10:55 PM

What is the fuel pressure?

Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.

saturntech9

August, 13, 2011 AT 11:11 PM

Just to add to this one the first thing I would check for is spark the 1998-2002 saturn S model saturns are none for bad crank shaft position sensors. To check for spark is easy remove two spark plug wires that are side by side on the coil towers have someone crank it over while watching for a nice snaping blu spark. They are also known for bad coolant temp sensors that crack read way lower then actual temp and make the engine flood out. From the sensor cracking they also leak coolant into the connector corroding it out. Also checking fuel pressure and the noid light to check injector pulse is good also like wrenchtech suggested.I personally like to start by checking spark because no special tools are need its a quick test and I have seen alot of crank shaft sensors fail and cause the car to die while driving and a lot of other symptoms. Also if your security light is on or flashing while trying to start the car then that issue has to be resolved first because that will cause a crank no start.

Wrenchtech

August, 13, 2011 AT 11:13 PM

I ruled out spark because he said it ran on starting fluid.

saturntech9

August, 13, 2011 AT 11:30 PM

Missed that part so were down to fuel pressure injector pluse or coolant temp sensor most likely causes.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test