It has started to shift hard between gears

COREY_J_COOK@YAHOO.COM
  • 2002 SATURN SC2
I have a 2002 Saturn Sc2. - 1st into 2nd, and 2nd into 3rd. Any help? At first it was just a little harder shift than normal, but all of a sudden it has turned into a very hard shift between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd.
Sunday, February 26th, 2012 AT 6:18 AM

How's the transmission fluid level and condition if okay bring her in and have it pressure tested
-2
Sunday, February 26th, 2012 AT 6:28 AM
COREY_J_COOK@YAHOO.COM
The fluid was low, but was normal color.
-2
Sunday, February 26th, 2012 AT 6:37 AM
FIXITMR
Internal pressure solenoid could be failing.
+2
Sunday, February 26th, 2012 AT 6:46 AM
COREY_J_COOK@YAHOO.COM
That's what I was thinking from reading about it, but the mechanic told me a whole new transmission.
-2
Sunday, February 26th, 2012 AT 6:49 AM
FIXITMR
Wait for saturntech to chime in. I read a new/rebuilt solenoid pack was the best route to take and dont drive it like that or damage can occur.
+1
Sunday, February 26th, 2012 AT 6:56 AM
SATURNTECH9
Just to add to this one a hard shift is caused by too high of line pressure. The first thing I would check is if the line pressure fuse is blown in the underhood fuse box. If its not then we have to do a high low line pressure test which is pretty easy to do. You just need to get a transmission pressure test kit to hook it up all you do is unscrew the transmiisson temp sensor. Then screw in the pressure tester adapter my gauge set is under 75 and really nice and would be cheaper to do that then take it somewhere to have it diagnosed. As you can see when you take it to a transmission shop they just want to rebuild or replace the transmission. Which isnt the correct repair its a easy transmission to repair and diagnose but a lot of people just dont know how to fix or diagnose them.
+3
Sunday, February 26th, 2012 AT 5:42 PM
SATURNTECH9
Here is the pressure tester i have

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000R5G0DO/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1330278367&sr=8-1-spell
+1
Sunday, February 26th, 2012 AT 5:47 PM