I HAVE SPUN A ROD BEARING IN MY SATURN I HAVE ...

2002 Saturn SC2

miss my posh

November, 16, 2010 AT 4:21 AM

I have spun a rod bearing in my saturn I have looked at the crankshaft and im not sure if it messed it up. It really doesnt look bad but im not sure.I will get a picture of it tomorrow so someone can tell me if it is bad. I also need to know how to remove the timing chain on this car as I need to look at the head and make sure that the piston did not hit it

Jacobandnickolas

November, 16, 2010 AT 4:28 AM

As far as the crankshaft, it needs to be measured with a micrometer or plastagauge. It could look good, but have excessive wear which could have caused the problem.

As far as removing the timing belt, I recommend getting a good repair manual. There are several steps to doing it and trying to explaine it via the internet allows too much room for error. They do offer mitchel online from this site. To the best of my knowledge, it is cheaper than purchasing a repair manual.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Step by Step Timing Chain Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler