HAVE 2002 SATURN SC2 CRANKS FINE BUT AFTER A FEW...

2002 Saturn SC2

sweetness30224@yahoo.com

May, 30, 2011 AT 11:04 PM

Have 2002 Saturn SC2 cranks fine but after a few minutes RPM go up and down sputters and goes dead, will not crank until cool about an hour or so?

saturntech9

May, 30, 2011 AT 11:10 PM

Sounds like a bad crank shaft position sensor. When it dies and doesn't start next time take off two spark plug wires and crank it to start and see if spark jumps from tower to tower. Also do you have a multimeter to test the crank shaft sensor?Do you have any codes?

sweetness30224@yahoo.com

May, 30, 2011 AT 11:28 PM

No codes on computer, I have a Meter. How do I test it? Just running in yard at idle after a few minutes engine stumbled and died. Won't restart until cooled.

saturntech9

May, 30, 2011 AT 11:37 PM

Do you have spark now since it died and won't start?If you don't then I would check the crank sensor. It just to the right of the starter sticking straight up with two wire's going to it. It's held in by a 10mm bolt. It's easier to remove it then test it. You put the multimeter on 2K ohm scale then touch the two leads together to make sure the meter is working. Then put the two lead's across the two terminals of the sensor it should read between 800-900 ohm's. They will usually read as a open when they fail. Let me know what you find.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Clean Idle Air Control Ford Super Duty 5.4L
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro