2002 SATURN COUPE ACCELERATION MISS PROBLEMS NO ...

2002 Saturn SC1

kjfuente

November, 26, 2012 AT 8:17 PM

2002 saturn coupe acceleration miss problems, no have any problems when is idle it happens when accelerate.

saturntech9

November, 26, 2012 AT 10:11 PM

The first thing I would check is plugs and wires thats the most common reason on that car. Also is it worse with ac on?

kjfuente

November, 26, 2012 AT 11:10 PM

Thanks for your quick response, it is kind of worse when ac/heater is on. I had the "same problem" 2 years ago, but my mechanic replaced the intake manifold gasket, it worked ok until the past 6 month started happening againg I also changed the spark plug. I took the car back and to my mechanic but he "checked" the gasket and the spark plugs and said every thing looks ok. I was thinking it can be a sensor, thanks again

saturntech9

November, 27, 2012 AT 12:50 AM

I have replaced a lot of those leaking gaskets and have only seen them cause a miss at idle or a high idle never seen one cause a miss while the engine is driving under a load. Doesn't sound like a sensor how old are the spark plug wires?Thats the number one causes for those symptoms is plugs and wires I have worked for the saturn dealers for over 16yrs so I know those cars well.