V6

2002 Saturn L300

Rblooz

November, 12, 2010 AT 10:33 PM

2002 Saturn L300 V6 - odometer stopped working. How do I fix this?

saturntech9

November, 12, 2010 AT 10:58 PM

So did the back light go out?I need more detail's then it stopped working.

Rblooz

November, 16, 2010 AT 1:01 AM

Thanks for your response! The back light is still working, I can read the odometer and the tripometer as well and even switch back and forth between the 2 displays. The numbers simply stopped advancing. When I first noticed the problem, the speedometer had stopped working too. I drove the car to the store and back (15 minutes) and the speedometer started working again on its own. Not the same for the odometer however. Everything else seems normal, all the status lights come on normally when first powering up the car. Thanks again

saturntech9

November, 21, 2010 AT 8:48 PM

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you since the launch of our new site I no longer get email alert's to let me know you replied back to me. It sound's to me like you most likely have a bad body control module that control's all your inside electrical and it sends the correct mileage to your odometer display. Do you have any trouble code's or anything not working like inside light's fuel gauge etc?

Rblooz

November, 23, 2010 AT 8:41 AM

All the other electrical seems to be working fine. I can't get the trouble codes yet, I bought a code reader (OBDII) only to find out afterward that Saturn codes are the older version (I guess that would be OBDI?) So I'm shopping for a code reader that's compatible with the 2002 L300. Any suggestions? Everyone seems to think the Roadi OBDII reader should work with my car but after trying it several times I went to their website (Roadi) where I was told it wasn't compatible with most Saturns. If you can validate any of this information (or debunk it!) I'll rest a little easier, thanks in advance. So as soon as I get a reader that works on my car I'll let you what it says. Much appreciated!

saturntech9

November, 25, 2010 AT 7:08 PM

That car is obd2 you should be able to read the code's with a obd2 code reader. So does the scanner power up off the connector?What is it doing?

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement