WHITE SMOKE IS COMING OUT OF THE EXHAUST

2002 Saturn L300

andreanoble

August, 12, 2012 AT 8:53 PM

My car is kinda jerking like as if its going to loose power and allot of white smoke is coming out of the exhaust. The check engine light came on

The cloud of smoke is allot, engulfs the whole car. Sharp smell. The car jerks more when Im at a stop light and the smoke comes and goes, I think usually when I try to accelerate

saturntech9

August, 12, 2012 AT 8:59 PM

Any codes in the computer?What color is the smoke?

andreanoble

August, 12, 2012 AT 9:12 PM

I do not have access to get a computer code right now, Will take it in tom, but was kinda hoping it would be something I could fix myself. The smoke is a white color. : (

saturntech9

August, 12, 2012 AT 10:11 PM

White in color is coolant burning. Have you checked the oil level to make sure its at the correct level and not over full?

andreanoble

August, 12, 2012 AT 11:40 PM

Thank you so much. What about the jerking like its about to die?

saturntech9

August, 12, 2012 AT 11:54 PM

Have you checked the oil level yet?Also if its white smoke I would do a chemical block tester you can rent them at auto zone. It will tell you if there is a blown head gasket cracked head etc.

saturntech9

August, 12, 2012 AT 11:59 PM

Also codes would help from the computer exact code numbers not code descriptions. Auto parts stores read codes like auto zone.

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8