MY CAR IS HAVING ISSUES ACCELARATING

2002 Saturn L300

cristybailon

September, 23, 2012 AT 7:33 PM

My car is having issues. When I accelerate, the speed does go up but the gears do, they go up 5 or 4. And the speed will be 10. When I'm
driving, it will do that. Could it be the crank sensor?

September, 23, 2012 AT 8:09 PM

You mean the engine rpm shoots up with vehicle not moving forward fast? That is an indication of a slipping transmission. Check the fluid level and condition. Get a scan done to check for trouble codes.

saturntech9

September, 23, 2012 AT 8:23 PM

Just to add to this one is the service engine soon light on or the reduced performance light on?

cristybailon

September, 23, 2012 AT 8:26 PM

When accelate the speed doesn't, but the rpm do and I can hear the engine revs, but its no going fast enough. The first time it did this, the car wouldn't go above 10 mph. It also had the display power reduced. Since then it works well some days, and other it does this a lot.

cristybailon

September, 23, 2012 AT 8:32 PM

Yeah. The rmp shoot up fast, I can hear the engine rev. The speed will be at 10 or 15 mph. The first time it did this the speed would go up to 10 mph. And the display said power reduce.D. Since then it does this almost everyday

cristybailon

September, 23, 2012 AT 8:35 PM

The service engine soon is on. They tell me its a sensor.

September, 23, 2012 AT 8:39 PM

Get the codes and let us know what they are.

The transmission is slipping under the symptoms described.

saturntech9

September, 23, 2012 AT 9:11 PM

I would need to have the exact code numbers not code descriptions to weigh in what I thought it was. With the reduced performance light and service engine light on sounds like a throttle body and throttle body harness issue. Very common on those cars when I goes into reduced performance mode your not going to be able to drive very fast. Its a safety default mode when the computer detects a fault in the throttle by wire system.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet