INLET MANIFOLD

2002 Renault Espace

mutley180

September, 13, 2012 AT 9:03 PM

I've been offered a renault espace 2.2 diesel o2 reg for a £1000 but they said they think theres a hair line crack in the inlet manifold which is causing a build up of pressure and trying to pop a seal does this sound plausable if so is it worth fix at this price for the car, because i've had one machanic look at it and he reckons these model espaces are nothing but trouble, is that right and is this a common fault on these, he said taking off the old manifold may lead to other problems because the cam belt is linked to the manifold and the injectors could be a pain to get out, so basicly is the car worth me paying a £1000 for it and doing the work or shoul I try and get it cheap, but will it be prone to other problems, please help as I have'nt a clue?//////

hmac300

September, 13, 2012 AT 9:15 PM

We have no info on thesee cars in the u.S. So if your mechanic says there are rouble, he should know. I'd keep away from it unless you want a money pit.

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars