My car surges at idle and low RPM

HALLMAN1991
  • 2002 PONTIAC FIREBIRD
My 2002 Pontiac fire bird surges or stutters at idle and low rpm I have only owned the car for a month and it ran like a top u til the first time I washed it then it started to surge a couple days later it cleared up no problems ran fine for a week washed it again same problem no service light or any thing until this last wash my service engine light came on
I decided to reset my ecu by disconnecting the battery drove the car 40 miles with. No problems all around d town today work ect no problems ran fine all the way to the gas station as soon as I came out of the gas station. And started it the car started to surge or stutter.. What is going on I have no clue what to do if u get on it it pulls out of its stutter, surge runs but. As soon as it shifts and hits lowrpm it starts all over again
Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 AT 2:02 AM

ASEMASTER6371
I would have the mass air flow checked. The water may have damaged it.

Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 AT 2:19 AM
HALLMAN1991
OK thanks will definatly give that a look I noticed I forgot to put the motor and stuff n my question I don't know if it makes a difference but 3.8l v6
Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 AT 2:25 AM
FIXITMR
So get codes read?
Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 AT 2:27 AM
HALLMAN1991
Yes got codes read I don't remember the exact numbers but it was missing on cyl 1 and cyl6 new coil pack and good to go
Wednesday, March 14th, 2012 AT 12:33 AM
FIXITMR
Ok
Thursday, March 15th, 2012 AT 7:33 PM