AFTER A SHORT TRIP TO THE LOCAL STORE WHEN I ...

• sdeatherage
  • 2002 Pontiac Firebird

After a short trip to the local store when I returned to my vehicle and started it the smell of anti freeze was over whelming in the front. No actual leak inside or out. I will assume that the heater core has or is about to go bad. Is the access point
to reach it - from the inside on the passanger side behind the glove box? Approx. How long will this repair take? Is this a normal repair for the amount of miles we have on the car?

Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 AT 3:37 PM

• hmac300

The dash has to come out first so have it pressure checked to make sure

Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 AT 3:44 PM
  • sdeatherage

The pressure test is done at the small valve to confirm its failing correct. I was told that the dash and also the seats need to come out for this repair. A 60.00 dollars part requiring a $1000.00 in labor to replace? The individual who quoted me is not answering my questions on the test at the pressure valve.

Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 AT 4:51 PM
  • hmac300

No it's tested throught eh radiator with a pressure tester, if you need to seeone go to an auto parts store and they will show you one- a coolant pressure tester.

Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 AT 6:33 PM