2002 NISSAN MAXIMA ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

• Bdmink27
  • 2002 NISSAN MAXIMA

While driving the car will all but die and the batt. Light and parking brake light will start flashing and it will not hardly pull itself and you can hold the gas petal to the floor and nevr get over 2000 rpm. I can put the battery charger on it and it runs just fine. I have replaced altnator and had the battery and starter checked. Any ideas what is causeing this or what I could check next.

Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 12:25 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

It sounds like a problem with the battery, but you said it was checked. Are you sure all cables from the battery are clean and tight? Also, even though you replaced the alt, it may not be producing or there could be an issue with a fuseable link not allowing power to get to the battery. Check to see if there is power to the battery from the alt. If you go to our homepage under the DIY section, liik under checking the alternator and there will be directions on how to test it at the battery.

Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 12:45 PM
  • Bdmink27

Thanks but I have alrady tested the alt from the battery and it seems okay I have also unplugged the alt and checked the wiring back to the battery with my multi meter. I should have stated that earlier. Would there be anything else that you could think of. And by the way thanks agian for the info. It is really appriciated.

Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 12:55 PM
  • Bdmink27

Oh and when I was talking about holding the pedal to the floor it woulgo up to 2000 and and to a 1000 and continue to do so until you let off of it

Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 1:04 PM