CRANKSHAFT SENSORS

2002 Nissan Maxima

gjav65

June, 23, 2013 AT 7:35 PM

I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE. The car is running rough and worst with the AC on. A friend plugged in his diagnose computer and cleared all old codes. He then unplugged the crankshaft sensors both front and rear one by the crack shaft cover where they are located and car did not should any different the idle was the same it should have sounded worst and idled much more poorly then it was already, and check engine light would not turn on the computer read no faults. A code should had been displayed and check engine light should have turn on when disconnected. Why is this? Could this be the problem my car is running terrible?

June, 24, 2013 AT 10:11 AM

Were the spark plugs and related components checked?

Pulling sensors do not necessarily mean the MIL would show immediately. It sometimes requires a little running time and some are two trip triggers meaning the problem has to be detected by the engine computer twice.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet