BROTHER INLAWS AN IDIOT REPLACED MY BAD BATTERY ...

2002 Mitsubishi Galant

justinstclair

March, 17, 2013 AT 7:08 PM

Brother inlaws an idiot replaced my bad battery while I was at work replacing with a good battery but hooking cables up backwards. After the car would not start they didn't question why a good battery didn't crank right over so he tried jumping it afterwards my fiance said the car started flicking lights locking doors. After I got home 3 hrs later I popped hood and noticed the problem right away disconnected replaced cable and cable ends and bought a battery actually made for the car. Car now cranks over but will not start any ideas?

Jacobandnickolas

March, 17, 2013 AT 7:12 PM

Have you checked main fuses under the hood? Have you checked to see if there is spark and fuel to the engine?

justinstclair

March, 17, 2013 AT 7:17 PM

Have checked its getting fuel and is a spark and checked some of the smaller fuses but not sure how to check main fuses just worried its the computer

Jacobandnickolas

March, 17, 2013 AT 7:20 PM

You need to check the main fuses. If you can't check them by looking at them, you need to check them for continunity. If I recall, the computer is protected by a fuse on this year.

justinstclair

March, 17, 2013 AT 7:23 PM

How do I check them for continunity?

Jacobandnickolas

March, 17, 2013 AT 7:32 PM

Basically, you are checking to see if power will run through the fuse. If there is a break, it won't go through. I use a volt meter that can check continunity. It puts a small amount of power in one end of the fuse and if it comes out the other end, I know it is good.

justinstclair

March, 17, 2013 AT 7:34 PM

Gotcha will make a call stay on you got more questions to answer : )

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Alternator testing done right