CAR WONT START AND CUTTING OUT MECHANIC SAID IT ...

2002 Mercury Cougar

Anonymous

March, 6, 2013 AT 6:12 AM

Car wont start and cutting out mechanic said it was saying spark plug changed spark plugs wires new battery still doingit

March, 6, 2013 AT 10:25 AM

What was saying? Codes? What were they?

Check fuel pressure and spark

ethiomimi2@gmail.com

March, 17, 2013 AT 1:41 AM

Hi

I have 2000 Mercury Cougar not starting as well, when it was running I took it to Emission test. The result was: P1520 Manufacturer Control Vehicle Speed, Idle Control, and Auxiliary Inputs. So I did a little research and found out in August 26, 2004 recall Vehicle: 1999 Mercury Cougar, 2000 Mercury Cougar, 2001 Mercury Cougar, & 2002 Mercury Cougar. When I so that I called ford and they asked me for VIN no. When I gave them the vin number they said your car is not recalled. I asked why they said the VIN is not in the computer. Ford said just give us you number n if any one come for ward we will call you.

You should take you car to emission test and see if it is manufacturer problem and you should do research on carproblem. Com you will find the recall paper. From what I found out it, the recall Vehicles will have 10 yr limit replacement of the problem starting April 16, 2004. Owners should contact ford at 1-800-392-3673 or national highway traffic safety administration's auto safety hotline at 1-888-3274236.

I hope this helps

Mimi

March, 21, 2013 AT 6:31 PM

Recalls never expire, ever.

The code you have is for your idle air control motor. It does not say anything about plug wires as codes never identify bad part, just failed systems.

Recall go on vin number only, the rest is wear and tear

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230