SELECTOR SWITCH DOES NOT DIVERT AIR TO FLOOR VENTS

2002 Mazda MPV

Gene Gardner

All the other settings in the climate control panel work, but setting the mode to any of the floor ducts doesn't work. Could be broken cable or jammed air floor door? How can I diagnose without disassembling the dashboard? Is there a way to reach the air flow door or see the cables without disassembling the heater case?

Jacobandnickolas

I have researched your problem. The vent doors are cable operated. You may have one disconnected, looses, broken, something blocking the vent door.

I have attached the trouble shooting directions from Mazda for your review. As far a diagnosos without removing the dash, you should be able to hear the vent doors open and close. The air flow door cables / wiring will be both in and outside the system.

Jacobandnickolas

For some reason, the directions didn't send. I changed their format to try again.

Gene Gardner

January, 30, 2011 AT 12:24 AM

Thanks for the information. I will try to diagnose it given your instructions.

Jacobandnickolas

January, 30, 2011 AT 2:05 AM

Let me know how you make out with it. While you review the directions I sent, I will try to find a picture of the unit itself. I haven't had much luck yet. The directions are from Mazda, so they should be very accurate.

Gene Gardner

This might be the diagram, but I'm not sure. I found it here
http://www.justanswer.com/view_image.aspx?href=http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/tracker40/2009-11-06_031239_1.gif

Jacobandnickolas

That looks like it.

Replace Floor Board
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test