WHY DOES MY CRV SEEM TO PPUT ITSELF IN PARK WHILE IM DRIVING?

• Regis.busch
  • 2002 HONDA CRX

While driving my 02 awd CRV seems like the transmission locks up and instantly go back into drive. It stops so abruptly and so hard it feels like I will be thrown through the windshield. No check engine lights come on. I brought it to a local garage and he hooked it up to a snap on diagnostic computer and said there were no codes. He did however say that when he put it in drive solenoid's a, b and c were oh but d was not. He did not know what that meant. I have flushed the transmission fluid about 10kku ago for the first time and then again the other day after this happened. It even sounds like a popcorn maker while driving it now so I have parked it. My local Honda garage has never heard of such a problem because cvr transmissions are usually bullet proof. Any ideas on where to start? A friend said it sounds like a cv axle is bad.

Friday, July 13th, 2012 AT 11:06 PM

• Racefan966

After looking at the wiring diagram I would check the transmission range sensor. This is what tells the computer and the transmission what gear it is in. If you have a digital multi meter I can walk you through a few tests.

Saturday, July 14th, 2012 AT 3:39 AM