I JUST SCANNED A 2002 HONDA CRV. CODE: P1259 CAME UP.

• deshawn
  • 2002 Honda CRV

I just scanned a 2002 Honda CRV. Code: P1259 came up. The code mean there is something going on with the Vtech. What's wrong and how can it be fixed?

Thank you

Monday, August 13th, 2012 AT 7:07 PM

• hmac300

Try removing fuse #6 on underhood fuse panel with key off. Keep itoff for 10 seconds then reinstall. If it comes on again have a pro run a scan and a few other checks onit. Like ohms to pcm, oil siwtch volts etc.

Monday, August 13th, 2012 AT 7:28 PM
  • deshawn

I am so sorry for the delay. I tried that and it still made a strange noise. I looked further into it and found that the code represented that the oil pressure switch needed to be changed. I would like to know if that is correct and if so, what the steps to take for this. Thanks

Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 AT 1:46 AM
  • hmac300

Engine must not be on. Disconnect electrical connection, unscrew switch and revers to install.

Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 AT 4:45 PM
  • deshawn

The problem has occured again. Thistime there is a vibration with it. The Honda dealer said that the brake piston is getting stuck. This is the reason for the vibration. I don't buy it. I think there is much more going on and they are trying to cover themselves.

Is this even possible? (Brake Piston getting stuck)

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 10:43 PM
  • hmac300

Yes the piston can get stuck or frozen. Normally your car will pul in th eopposite direction when brakes are applied. It could be a wheel bearing/axle shaft as well.

Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 AT 11:22 PM