MY GRANDPA AND I ARE TRYING TO FIX A 2002 3

2002 Ford Ranger

Costellopv2

February, 3, 2013 AT 8:07 PM

My Grandpa and I are trying to fix a 2002 3.0 V6 Ford Ranger. We were checking the relays to see if they were working correctly. Which they were, But then the relay plug for the starter relay stopped putting out any juice. It wont turn over and the fuel pump wont kick on. It was turning over just fine until that happened. We are stumped and dont know what is going on.

Starter Relay

Starter Relay

1 IMAGE

February, 3, 2013 AT 8:09 PM

Why were you checking the relays? Did you spark anything? Check all the fuses with a test light.

Costellopv2

February, 3, 2013 AT 8:37 PM

We are suspecting the computer may be bad, A friend of ours who works on Fords told us to check the fuel pump relay and starter relay, I dont really know why, My Grandpa is the one with all the information. He is a mechanic, I am just helping out. The one that isnt working did spark.

February, 3, 2013 AT 8:48 PM

Start with checking the fuses as I suggested.

Check fuel pump pressure. It should be 40-45 lbs

check for spark to the plugs

Costellopv2

February, 3, 2013 AT 8:57 PM

Well we cant get the engine to turn over at all now. Its like it went dead after the incident with the relays. It is like that plug for the starter is not getting any power at all. The fuses were okay according to my grandpa. The engine will not turn over, We put all new spark plugs in, they had spark but my Grandpa says the fire is week. However we cant even get it to turn over now, We are trying to solve this problem with the relay plug not having power right now. We checked the fuel pump plug with a wire, The fuel pump will kick on when we do this, But we cant get that starter relay plug to do anything at all.

February, 3, 2013 AT 9:00 PM

All I can say is did you check all the fuses with a test light?

Remove the relays again and make sure you did not push the connectors out of there sockets in the relay box

Starter Replacement
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang