2002 Dodge Ram Dadge Security system

SOSICKWITHIT
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
My Dodge Ram had to have a battery and alternator installed. I picked it up from the shop and all was well, until two days later. Going to make a long story short.

Its a 2002 Dodge Ram. I bought it cash many years back and dumped a lot of money into it to. The first thing I did was get an advance alarm, so I no longer needed the default alarm clicker, I only used the clifford alarm I had installed which would lock and unlock the doors.

For some reson when I locked the truck, the locks didnt go down, I thought nothing of it, opened it and simply pushed it down manually. The next day I went to go unlock it same thing, the alarm chipped, but the locks stay down. So I stuck my key in the door and now all hell broke lose.

I noticed this red light which I never seen before blinking and clicking. I stick the key in the ignition and nothing, I tried click the light on or something and nothing, its like this securtiy overide took over. I grabbed the original clicker pushed every button on there and nothing. I went to auto zone to get new batteries for it and still nothing. I even discounted the main battery and popped it back on there and that damn red light is still blinking.

I googled and tried almost everything. I put the original key in the door locked and unlocked 500 hundred times and that damn light is still there.

Please help

Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 4:07 PM

Is it a small round light? If so, that is the factory alarm. I hate to say it, but a dealer is the only place that will have the proper test equipment to see what caused it to alarm. As far as the aftermarket alarm, it could have something to do with it, however, there are so many different alarms that are available it is hard to keep track of them.

Let me know if it is a small round red light that is flashing.
-1
Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 4:49 PM
SOSICKWITHIT
Yes it is a small red light flashing. And when I stick the key in it stops like its waiting for my to hit a kill switch or something
+1
Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 4:55 PM
That's the factory alarm. I'm sorry to say that I would be guessing if I told you what the problem was. The system needs put on a computer to diagnose it.
-1
Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 5:06 PM
SOSICKWITHIT
Wow, so this little red light disabled the entire truck? No lights come on, no power, not even the door locks. Is that what its suppose to do or could this battery be bad?

Thanks for your time I greatly appreciate it, I just have no idea how I can back the truck up for a tow truck since I can't even shift gears. This seems very messy
-1
Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 5:12 PM
You mean nothing works? If that is the case, have you checked the battery? As far as the factory security system, it will shut down the engine (fuel pump / ignition) so the truck won't go. But it shouldn't shut everything down. It that is the case, I'm sorry. I misunderstood the problem (harder to do on line). If that is the case, make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight and the battery is good. Even if it is new, it may be bad.
-2
Sunday, October 27th, 2013 AT 1:06 PM
SOSICKWITHIT
I hope your right my friend - yeah nothing works, its just dead, no light, nothing, I checked the battery and it was still the old battery that had drained dry on me shortly before putting the truck in the shop. I check the reciepts, and they only changed the terminal, not the battery so I am really hoping that the battery is just dead. I'm going to pull it off now and run it to autozone to check it,

thanks

I will keep you posted.
Sunday, October 27th, 2013 AT 2:07 PM
Let me know what you find. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Sunday, October 27th, 2013 AT 3:46 PM
SOSICKWITHIT
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH. THAT DID IT MY FRIEND! IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

Thank you so much, this has been bothering me the last few days, and I was not looking forward to having it towed to a Chrysler dealership tomorrow.

You saved me, thanks again.
Sunday, October 27th, 2013 AT 4:13 PM
Great! I'm glad I helped. Let us know if you have questions in the future.

-1
Sunday, October 27th, 2013 AT 7:33 PM