TRANSMISSION COOLER LEAK

2002 Chrysler Concorde

snizami

December, 19, 2011 AT 3:39 AM

2002 Chrysler Concorde LX, 2.7 Litre V6. 200K+km My car has a small transmission cooler which is leaking. I tried JBing the heck out of it since it was worth a try before replacing it altogether. Not working. Is it true that any generic trans. Cooler approximately the size of the old one will do?

rivermikerat

December, 19, 2011 AT 3:47 AM

snizami

December, 19, 2011 AT 4:00 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. It is quite small and external (in front of the engine&A/C radiators). There is no thermostat but the fluid does pass through a portion of the regular radiator first (I guess to keep it from getting too cold). Will be driven in subzero Canadian weather, on highways, by non-abusive hands. Please confirm if the suggested radiator size is appropriate in cold weather. Thanks again.

rivermikerat

December, 19, 2011 AT 4:31 AM

Actually, in subzero temps I wouldn't use an external trans cooler at all. Personally. But yes, the one I sent the link for would be fine.

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage