TRANSMISSION COOLER LEAK

• snizami
  • 2002 Chrysler Concorde
  • 200 miles

2002 Chrysler Concorde LX, 2.7 Litre V6. 200K+km My car has a small transmission cooler which is leaking. I tried JBing the heck out of it since it was worth a try before replacing it altogether. Not working. Is it true that any generic trans. Cooler approximately the size of the old one will do?

Monday, December 19th, 2011 AT 3:39 AM

• rivermikerat

External or internal? If external, replace it with one like this:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Torqflo-7-1-2-x-15-1-2-in-high-performance-transmission-cooler/_/N-25io?counter=5&filterByKeyWord=Trans+Coller&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=151847_0_0_

Monday, December 19th, 2011 AT 3:47 AM
  • snizami

Thanks for the quick reply. It is quite small and external (in front of the engine&A/C radiators). There is no thermostat but the fluid does pass through a portion of the regular radiator first (I guess to keep it from getting too cold). Will be driven in subzero Canadian weather, on highways, by non-abusive hands. Please confirm if the suggested radiator size is appropriate in cold weather. Thanks again.

Monday, December 19th, 2011 AT 4:00 AM
  • rivermikerat

Actually, in subzero temps I wouldn't use an external trans cooler at all. Personally. But yes, the one I sent the link for would be fine.

Monday, December 19th, 2011 AT 4:31 AM