DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING ENGINE BLOCK HEATER
If unit does not operate, trouble can be in either the power cord or the heater element. Test power cord for continuity with a 110 volt voltmeter or 110 volt test light? Test heater element continuity with an ohmmeter or
12 volt test light.
1. Raise vehicle on hoist.
2. Detach power cord plug from heater (Fig. 34 ).
Fig. 34: Disconnecting Engine Block Heater
Courtesy of DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORP.
3. Remove block heater attaching screw located below heater terminals.
4. Remove block heater from cylinder block.
1. Thoroughly clean cylinder block heater cavity.
2. Insert heater assembly into block such that mounting hole is located below heater terminals.
3. Install mounting screw and tighten to 12 N.M (105 in. Lbs.).
4. Attach power cord to heater.
CAUTION: To prevent damage, the power cord must be secured in its retainer clips, and not positioned so it could contact linkages or exhaust manifolds.
5. Lower vehicle.
Wednesday, December 28th, 2011 AT 11:59 PM