HAVE ANTIFREEZE LEAK.WHERE IS THE WATER PUMP LOCATED AT.CAN YOU SENT AT PICTURE OR DIAGRAM.

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer

badboymarcus

October, 14, 2011 AT 2:13 PM

I checked the water hoses and no leaks. When turn it on it is leaking from up against the motor where the fan turns. So you think its the water pump. Is the water pump hard to uninstall. Sent me a picture or diagram of it to my email at badboyrod75@yahoo. Com Thanks

hmac300

October, 14, 2011 AT 2:34 PM

Yes it's probably a water pump leak, her eis the picture. You 'll need a special wrench to get the fan off.

badboymarcus

October, 14, 2011 AT 3:58 PM

Thank you my friend. What is that special tool called for the fan.

hmac300

October, 14, 2011 AT 4:36 PM

A fan wrench chevys use them

badboymarcus

October, 14, 2011 AT 5:27 PM

Thank you.

M_H_RITZEL

October, 16, 2011 AT 3:45 PM

When the water pump starts leaking from the seal it usually is in the back. There is a little hole there. If you don't have the tool to take the fan blade off you can put tension on the belt so it won't turn when you take the fan bolts off. Over the years I have found that you might want to think about also changing the thermastat at the same time. It's just a general practice I have learned over the years.

srlara

December, 2, 2011 AT 6:39 AM

02 TB, changed out my water pump a year and a half ago and since the start of this past summer, I have been have hesitation problems(cam position silonoid issues) and the smell of radiator fluid. So I disassembled agian just last week to remove and check the pump and decided to replace it since it was warrantied and looked to be leaking. But I have had a suspicion and now I am for certian it is the housing cover on the block itself that the pump is bolted to. Ever seen this happening before, looks like the rubber sealant has failed and the water is seeping out near the alternator. The image above shows the cover with all the bolts on the block, HELP!

M_H_RITZEL

February, 17, 2012 AT 6:25 PM

Something I just found out. My wife's firebird was leaking anti freeze from the intake manifold of her firebird. Took it apart and fixed it. A couple months after that she again compalined about smelling anti freeze. I could not find out where it was so took it to a garage. They found it was the seal behind the timing chain cover had a small pressure leak. They had to take the front of the engine apart to get at it. Never thought it would have been leaking that far back.

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX