CAR SLIGHT JERKING OR HESITATION

2002 Chevrolet Malibu

karnij

May, 12, 2012 AT 12:57 AM

I have a 02 malibu, when I am driving at a set speed my car has this slight jerk or hesitation. If I drop it into 3rd or give it a little more gas it goes away. My thought is the fuel pressure regulator?

May, 12, 2012 AT 1:10 AM

I would not guess about that til you have covered basics. I would look at plugs, wires, coil and module long before you take a shot in the dark with the regulator.

karnij

May, 12, 2012 AT 2:00 AM

I have done the plugs but not the wires or coil. I will do that, should I redo the plugs also?

May, 12, 2012 AT 2:02 AM

No, not if you just did them. They will be fine

karnij

May, 13, 2012 AT 10:12 PM

Ok I changed eveything and I still has the issue. It is like there is a dead spot in the throttle. But I dont have an abnormal idol so I do not think that it would be the tps
any other ideas

May, 14, 2012 AT 12:19 AM

Is the check engine light on?

karnij

May, 14, 2012 AT 12:42 AM

No the check engine light has never come on before. I had one mechanic tell me it may be something to do with my overdrive position.

May, 14, 2012 AT 12:48 AM

Dont think so from your description. I am leaning toward injectors. I think having them professionally cleaned, not with additives, would be money well spent

karnij

May, 14, 2012 AT 2:02 AM

I did that maybe 40k ago and that is when this started.

May, 14, 2012 AT 2:06 AM

At least we have a common denominator here. The injectors may be the issue. If it started that long ago, why did you wait so long to address it?

karnij

May, 14, 2012 AT 4:07 AM

Because the guy I had fix it was a GM Certified Mechanic that I worked with and trusted. I brought this issue up to him and he said that it may be the kick down on the car. He acted like it was no problem.I took him for his word after all this is what he did! It never got better only worse. Maybe it was 20 k ago but either way I know that its not normal and I am trying to correct it. I may not be able to diagnose thing but I can fix them.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro